Capital One recently gave a boost to four of its CDs.
Now the bank is offering some of the best national deals on 18-, 24- and 60-month CD rates.
Its 5-year CD saw the biggest increase, rising 30 basis points to 2.30%. That takes the lead among national banks offering 60-month CDs.
RATE SEARCH: Shop CD rates to find the best nationally available deals.
Here’s a look Capital One 360 CD rates:
- 12-month CD rate is 1.30% APY versus an average rate of 1.25% APY.
- 18-month CD rate is 1.45% APY versus an average rate of 1.11% APY.
- 24-month CD rate is 1.60% APY versus an average rate of 1.40% APY.
- 36-month CD rate is 1.60% APY versus an average rate of 1.55% APY.
- 60-month CD rate is 2.30% APY versus an average rate of 1.58% APY.
Capital One 360 doesn’t require a minimum deposit, and you can only buy its certificates of deposit online.
Capital One 360 is a division of Capital One, which purchased ING Direct in June 2011.
It has 15 Capital One 360 Cafés, including three in California, two in Colorado, one in Illinois, six in Massachusetts, one in Minnesota, one in Pennsylvania and one in Virginia.
Its rates are considerably better than the deals offered by Capital One Bank itself. Those offers are only available to savers in Connecticut, Delaware, Louisiana, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Texas, Virginia and Washington, D.C.
If you live outside the McLean, Va.-based bank’s service area, you’ll automatically be rerouted to the Capital One 360 website if you try to purchase certificates online.
Compare Capital One 360’s returns with the best CD rates from scores of other banks in our extensive database.